We are here to serve you, our customer. We don’t pretend to know everything, but we’ll try to give you the best advise we can, and help you pick the best wine and liquor for any budget. Come on in and feel the Valley Difference!
We’re located in Herkimer…
It’s time to start saving BIG at Valley Wine & Liquor in Herkimer, NY. We carry thousands of bottles of wine and liquor all backed by a 40 Mile Price Match Guarantee! You don’t have to leave the Valley to Save BIG on Wine and Liquor. The best brands, the best variety at the best prices!
SAVE 10% on Liquor Cases Every Day!
SAVE 15% on Wine Cases Every Day!
Every Price backed by a 40-Mile price Match Guarantee, plus we accept all Competitor Coupons within 40-Miles! Let Valley Wine & Liquor’s knowledgeable staff assist you in finding the best wine and liquor for any budget! This is your store for a great selection, at super prices, all backed by a 40-Mile Price Match Guarantee!
Having a Party?
The Valley Team will help you choose the wine and spirits to keep your guests cheerful and happy. We will make your selection process simple and hosting a party fun and easy. Stock up on guest pleasing wines and spirits, and do it worry free. We guarantee not only the best prices, but we will gladly take back any unopened bottle or box you don’t use. We truly take the worry out of what to stock for your party.
How Much Wine, Liquor, Beer & Soda do you need for your party?
Stocking Your Bar for a Party!
Before you stock your bar, you need to know how much alcohol and mixers to purchase. This guidelines below are helpful for any bar setup, but if you’re having a full bar, consult the chart farther below to make sure you have sufficient amounts of the various liquors and mixers. Of course, it’s always good to throw in some extras in case the party lasts longer than you planned, there are additional unexpected guests, or one drink is more popular than others.
• Each guest will drink an average of two drinks the first hour and one drink each hour thereafter.
• A one-liter bottle of alcohol yields approximately 22 mixed drinks, so if you know how many guests are attending and what kind of bar you’re going to have, you can easily figure out how much alcohol to purchase.
• To accommodate any non-cocktail drinkers, estimate one bottle of wine per eight guests, remembering that white wine tends to be more popular than red.
• One 750-ml bottle of Champagne fills six regular Champagne glasses. The amounts listed in the chart below account for how much Champagne guests will drink from the bar. If you plan to have a Champagne toast, you will need to purchase additional bottles—you only need to pour about a third of a glass for a toast, so plan on one bottle of bubbly for every ten guests.
• Garnishes are relatively cheap, so it’s always smart to buy extras. Plan on a 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime and two each of olives, cherries, and onions per guest. This means that if you have 24 guests, you’ll need at least 12 lemons and 12 limes plus 48 each of olives, cherries, and onions.
• Plan on one and a half pounds of ice per person. This will provide enough ice for drinks as well as any ice baths for wine or beer.